Monday, August 1, 2011

The Basics of Serving

 I have been in the serving industry for 15 years.  One thing I learned today is B/S cures all.  If you remain confident and calm you can smooth any situation out in a restaurant.  Let's say you forget to ring in an entree in an order.  You simply overlooked it.  The food hits the table and "How you doing" there is a missing plate.  You go to the micro/aloha certain this is not your mistake only to find out that it is.  You ring in what they ordered (ON THE FLY) and go back to the table and say I am very sorry sir our fryer went down and they are having to recook your order.  It should be out in about 5 to 7 minutes.  He smiles and says that's alright and you have gotten out of a jam once again.  I love my job!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave feedback and opinions of topics.